From dietician Margot Hawker:
Curried Chicken Tray Bake with Coconut Sauce
Tray Bake :
- 300g broccoli cut into florets
- 300g cauliflower cut into florets
- 500g chicken thighs cut into quarters
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- 400g tin cannelloni/white beans, drained
- 1 chicken stock cube, dissolved in ½ cup water
Coconut sauce :
- ½ cup (60g) Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup (60ml) tinned coconut milk
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Preheat oven to 190°C and line a baking dish with baking paper.
- Scatter broccoli and cauliflower in the dish and top with chicken thigh pieces. Pour dissolved chicken stock cube over.
- Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with curry powder and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until chicken is completely cooked through and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce. In a small saucepan set over medium-low heat, combine all sauce ingredients. Bring to a bare simmer, then immediately remove from heat, set aside and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, top chicken and vegetables with coriander.
Note: To make your own curry powder, use equal parts cumin, cayenne, turmeric, and black pepper. To keep in fridge, keep sauce and chicken separately.